College of Business: A Resource for Business Education
The College of Business recently completed its 2012-2015 Strategic Plan that focuses its efforts in educational programs on entrepreneurship and innovation by providing knowledge and expertise that promote the development of sustainable business practices, new products, processes, and organizational forms.
Developing professionals who responsibly provide innovative
solutions to complex, global challenges.
Integrating people for innovative solutions.
The College of Business provides internationally recognized research-based education that prepares profession-ready graduates who will lead in an innovation economy.
The college will accomplish its MISSION and VISION through:
- educational programs that translate theory into practice and emphasize innovation and the entrepreneurial process;
- distinctive experiential learning opportunities for students;
- an active learning environment where education and research is cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary, inter-generational;
- innovative outreach and engagement that is based on well-grounded theory and research;
- internationally recognized research with applicability to business and industry;
- a global reputation for providing a quality educational experience in a diverse learning community; and
- a talented and connected community of faculty, staff, high achieving students, and industry partners.
The College of Business is focusing its efforts in educational programs on entrepreneurship and innovation by providing knowledge and expertise that promote the development of sustainable business practices, new products, processes, and organizational forms.
Innovation is the process of conceiving and implementing something new, whether it is a new product, process, market, or technology.
Entrepreneurship is the act of recognizing and connecting innovation with opportunity.