Applying to the Oregon State MBA program requires the following documentation, along with an application fee ($75 domestic, $85 international), payable by credit card:
1. Application Form
- If you are a US Citizen - Domestic Applicant, you can apply for the MBA program using the Oregon State University Graduate School’s online application form.
- If you are a non-US Citizen - International Applicant, you can apply for the MBA program through the Office of Internaional Admissions online application form.
- A transcript from the institution conferring your undergraduate degree is required. Transcripts from any subsequent degrees or coursework completed beyond your undergraduate studies are required as well.
- Transcripts from transfer coursework used toward the completion of your undergraduate degree are not required as long as your degree-conferring transcript includes at least 90 quarter- or 60 semester-credit hours.
- For institutions outside the United States, both an original-language version and a certified English translation of all academic records and degree statements are required. Please include certificates/diplomas for all degrees earned.
- Unofficial transcripts may be scanned and uploaded to your online application. An unofficial transcript is a copy of an official transcript. Web-generated transcripts are not accepted. Applications will be reviewed with unofficial transcripts; however, admitted students will be required to submit official documents at the time of admission. A transcript is considered official only when it is received by the Graduate Business Programs office in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution.
- If you are admitted while finishing your undergraduate degree, please submit your most up-to-date transcript at the time of your application. You will be required to submit an official final transcript showing degrees awarded and dates earned before you will be permitted to register for your first term of MBA studies.
- You may be able to submit your transcripts electronically from the website of your academic institutions. Please select “Oregon State University - Graduate Admissions” as the recipient.
Official transcripts may also be mailed to:
Graduate Business Programs
College of Business
Oregon State University
443 Austin Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331
Your résumé should be detailed and current. You may wish to include full-time positions, as well as part-time jobs, relevant internships, volunteer service and professional associations/affiliations.
4. Short Answer Questions
- The MBA application requires two professional (or academic) references. If you have completed your undergraduate studies within the last two years of applying to the MBA program, at least one of your references should be academic. Otherwise, professional references are required.
- References can be managed through the online application’s reference system. By including the names and email addresses of your reference providers on your application form, your providers will automatically receive an email with an electronic reference form once you submit your application. Electronic references are typically added to your application file within one business day of receipt.
- Reference providers who prefer to write letters may email their references directly to OSUMBA@oregonstate.edu or send them as hard copy through the mail in sealed envelopes with the reference provider's signature written across the envelope flap (refer to mailing address in Transcripts section above). Reference letters received via email should be sent by the reference provider and emailed as attachments on professional letterhead.
- Note: We will not accept letters uploaded by applicants to the document-upload section of the online application form, emailed by applicants, or submitted as hard copy by applicants unless still in a sealed envelope with the reference provider's signature across the envelope flap.
6. Test Scores
- GMAT/GRE - Scores from either the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are required.
Test scores are valid for five years. If you take the GMAT or GRE multiple times, we will consider the most recent test score during admission review.
Score reports should be sent electronically by the testing agency using OSU’s institution code of PW4-DR-05 for the GMAT or 4586 for the GRE.
Pease see the GMAT/GRE Waiver page for information about waivers.
TOEFL/IELTS - All international applicants who did not receive a degree in the U.S., Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United Kingdom are required to submit scores from either the TOEFL or IELTS. Scores must not be more than two years old and must be from one exam date. The most recent test date is the score considered with your application. Please visit Selection Criteria for minimum requirements.
Score reports should be sent electronically by the testing agency using OSU’s ETS institution code of 4586. See the official TOEFL website or IELTS website for more information on these exams.
7. Informational Interview
The admissions interview is a conversation between you and a member of the MBA Admissions Committee. The purpose is for you to gain further insight into the MBA program and for us to learn more about your background, interests, and goals.
Admission interviews are by invitation only. If you are selected for an interview, an admissions representative will contact you to schedule. If you do not reside locally, we will be happy to speak with you over the phone or by Skype.