Application Due Dates:
The College of Business strives to facilitate cohesive cohorts of students in the PhD in Business Administration program. Accordingly, the College generally admits students into the doctoral program every other year. The next application period will begin in late summer of 2019 and will be for a fall 2020 start in the program. In the meantime, any inquiries about the program are welcome at COBPHD@bus.oregonstate.edu.
Submission of Application Materials
An application is not considered for review until all admission materials are received.
1. Online Application: A link to the online application will be made available when our next application period begins.
2. Application fee: $75 USD (non-refundable)
3. Transcripts: Mail one copy of all official transcripts of previous academic work, undergraduate and graduate, from each school attended to the Graduate Business Programs Office. International applicants must provide a certified English translation of their academic transcripts (please note that translated transcripts are not considered official). *Current and former OSU students are not required to provide OSU transcripts.
4. Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of professional and/or academic reference are required. We highly recommend that you send a resume and a written request for a letter to your references prior to applying. Ask them to discuss your leadership, academic standards, and skills as they pertain to your primary area of interest. If you have a master’s degree, you should include a letter from your major professor.
Reference letters may be submitted in one of two ways. They can be written on official letterhead and sealed in an envelope with the reference’s signature across the sealed flap and sent to the Graduate Business Programs Office (preferred). Alternatively, references can use the recommendation form provided in the online application.
5. Resume: Ph.D. applicants must submit a current resume or vita. Send to COBPHD@bus.oregonstate.edu or the Graduate Business Programs Office.
6. Personal Statement: Ph.D. applicants must submit a personal statement. The personal statement is a document that engages the reader while revealing your unique qualities, your commitment to success, and the key factors leading to your decision to obtain a Ph.D. The statement should provide a basis for the admissions committee to choose between you and otherwise equally qualified applicants. The Ph.D. personal statement should include area of interest, experiences, and intended research focus. Send directly to COBPHD@bus.oregonstate.edu or the Graduate Business Programs Office.
7. Official GMAT Score: Official test scores must be sent to OSU directly from the testing agency. Although the GMAT is preferable, the GRE is also acceptable. GRE scores submitted will be converted into a GMAT-equivalent for purposes of evaluation.
8. Official TOEFL Score (International Students): Official test scores must be sent to OSU directly from the testing agency.
Other application instructions available at:
Submit required documents to:
Graduate Business Programs – College of Business
Oregon State University
443 Austin Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331
[Return to Ph.D. Program]