New Students at OSU
Please apply for the Newcomb Scholarship if you are a student who will be coming to OSU as a Freshman or Transfer student.
General Scholarship Application - application closed as of Feb 15, 2014.
Students in the School of Design and Human Environment are eligible to apply for COB scholarships. You should fill out the application above. In addition to those scholarships, SDHE has scholarship opportunities specific to its majors.
Please see SDHE scholarship information in OSU Catalog for full description of each scholarship's criteria or visit Milam Hall, room 228.
- Ruth Beckwith Memorial Scholarship
- Carol Caughey International Scholarship
- DHE Chair's Excellence Scholarship
- Gladys Whipple Goode Memorial Scholarship
- N. Marie Ledbetter Memorial Scholarship
- Dorothy Schilling Memorial Award
- Cecelia T. Schuttleworth Scholarship Fund
- Zehntbauer Scholarship
4-H Club offers a scholarship to Merchandising Management majors. The Judith Hofer scholarship is a one time scholarship for a former 4-H Club member. For more info and/or application, visit their website: http://oregon.4h.oregonstate.edu/state-4h-scholarships
Major specific scholarships have different timelines and processes. Contact your major department for more info about those opportunities.
- COB Scholarship application for the next year goes up online. If you are graduating this year, do NOT fill out a scholarship form. You would not be eligible.
- New students fill out the Newcomb Scholarship application.
- February 15 is the deadline to fill out the online COB scholarship application
- Applications accepted for Dean’s Leadership Award
- Winners of COB scholarships will be notified via ONID (~ late April to early May)
- Dean’s Leadership finalists will be interviewed in May. Winners notified in early June via ONID.
You will see your first payment as a credit on your student account in the fall term of next year. Scholarships are usually divided into 3 equal payments across fall/winter/ and spring term. If one third of your award exceeds your tuition/fee amount for any given term, a check for the difference will be available for you at the Financial Aid Office. No COB scholarship payments are made in summer term.
- Continued, full-time enrollment at OSU (full-time =12 credits or more per term)
- Maintain Pre-Business or Pro-School business major.
Any term that you are not enrolled in 12 credits, your scholarship payment for that term is at risk. If your expected enrollment status changes for any reason during the year, contact the COB scholarship coordinator for assistance BEFORE that term begins. Name and contact information is on your award letter.
Scholarships listed below require the winner to write and send a personal thank you letter to the scholarship donor. The name of the donor will be on the award letter you receive. Send or bring your thank you letter to the COB Advising Office (Bexell 214). Once we receive your letter, we will direct the Financial Aid Office to distribute your award.
Association for Corporate Growth, Beta Gamma Sigma, Bimart, Cropsey, Decker Family, Roy Dexter Memorial, Evergreen Business Capital, Harris Family Business, Horne International Exchange, Kelley Family Business, McClure Family Business, McCluskey Scholarship, Oliver Family Business Scholarship, Pace International Exchange, Pastega Family Scholarship, Reser Family Business, Barnes D. Rogers Family Scholarship, Sadler Education, Scandinavian Exchange Scholarship, Edith T. Smith Memorial, Arthur Stonehill International Exchange, Jacqueline Swint, Warren Academic Excellence, Wentworth Family Business, Williamette Industries, Woodard Family Business, Zamsky Family Scholarship
There are a few COB scholarships that have an additional requirement. The winner must write a thank you letter and be available to meet the donor in person during the year. COB will make the arrangements and notify you ahead of time. The first letter for these scholarships will not be titled ‘award’ letter. It will be called an ‘offer’ letter and will give you specific instructions on how to accept or decline your scholarship.
Bernie Newcomb, Jacqueline Swint
If your scholarship is not listed under thank you letter or formal acceptance, you do not have to complete a thank you letter.
Clemens Foundation scholarships for Philomath area high school grads. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Full list of COB Scholarships
Resources for Study Abroad Scholarships
Organization of Chinese Americans Scholarship Information
Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber Scholarship Information
Students in Service--earn $ for the community service you do right now
OSU Scholarship Search Database- find out about all possible scholarships from OSU
Oregon Ethics in Business & Portland Rotary Foundation Scholarship
Eligibility: Students who live in Oregon's U.S. Congressional District five and have maintained a 3.25 GPA in an Oregon College or University may apply for this $2000 scholarshipe.
These two non-profit organization are disturbed by the steady stream of ethical lapses that occur on an all too regular basis. This intent of this new scholarship is to create a greater awareness of, and commitment to, ethics in business, especially in the rising generation.
Please apply by March 10th by providing your name and contact information along with a statement of up to 100 words describing your interest in ethics and why you should receive the scholarship. Online submissions should be sent to Mr. Lee Eckroth at lee@Talk2Lee.com.
The scholarship winner will be honored at Oregon Ethics in Business' Annual Banquet, which will be help in Portland's Hilton Hotel on June 18 with 400 people in attendance.
In recognition of our 40 years of business and our long time commitment to serve our communities, AKT, a Top 100 Accounting Firm nationwide, will be offering a $5000 scholarship to an outstanding business student. The AKT Family of Companies is a broad financial services organization from traditional accounting, auditing and tax compliance to business valuation, management consulting, financial due diligence, international tax planning, and employee benefit and retirement plan services. Our firm works closely with business owners and individuals to manage their financial, wealth and tax planning strategies.
We are asking that each student complete an application and to carefully review the criteria to qualify for the AKT 40th Anniversary Scholarship for Academic Excellence and Community Involvement. These include:
Student Application Process:
- All applications must be received by March 7, 2014
- Applications should include student’s academic transcripts with the application
- Two letters of recommendations supporting student’s current community involvement
- Notification of scholarship awards will be provided to the University’s primary point of contact by March 31, 2014
- A student must be enrolled at Oregon State University School of Business
- A student must be enrolled for the 2014-2015 academic school year
- A student must have a minimum GPA of 3.5
- A student must demonstrate exemplarily community involvement
All completed applications should be submitted to Robin Silveira in the College of Business, 201D Bexell Hall or electronically at: email@example.com.
OSU Retirement Association (OSURA) Scholarship
Currently enrolled undergraduate students who have completed at least one academic year at OSU with a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher, and have a minimum of one year of study yet to be completed towards their first bachelor’s (B.S./B.A.) degree are encouraged to apply. Completed applications are due no later than March 3. Scholarship awards between $750 and $1,500 per student will be announced at the May 2014 Annual Meeting.
Please refer to the OSURA’s website (http://oregonstate.edu/osura/osura-scholarship) for scholarship application information.
Udall Scholarship Opportunity 2014-15 Awards from $350-$5,000
The Udall Foundation anticipates awarding eighty $5,000 scholarships and 50 Honorable Mention awards of $350 for the 2014-2015 academic year to current sophomore and junior undergraduates from across the US who intend to pursue careers in any of the following areas:
- Native American health care (includes health care administration, social work, medicine, and research into health conditions affecting Native American communities).
- Tribal public policy (includes fields related to tribal sovereignty, governance or law; Native American education or justice; natural resource management; cultural preservation and revitalization, Native American economic development, and other areas affecting Native American communities).
- The environment (includes policy, engineering, science, education, urban planning and renewal, business, health, justice, and economics).
(To apply in the first two categories, you must be native American/Alaska Native.)
Please see this website for information on the Foundation, the program, the process, and the criteria: http://udall.gov/OurPrograms/MKUScholarship/MKUScholarship.aspx
- Prospective applicants should consult Pat Muir at firstname.lastname@example.org during fall term of 2013 to get initial insights into likelihood of success and to strategize about timelines and the overall application process. Please contact by email to request more information and arrange a meeting to discuss your candidacy.
- Pat Muir can register potential nominees between October 2013 and March 1, 2014.
- The deadline for OSU to submit selected nominees is March 5, 2014.
OSU Folk Club Thrift Shop Scholarship
This is open to women who are (a) U.S. citizens, (b) residents of Benton County, (c) age 30 or older, (d) and attending OSU for the 2014-2015 year full-time pursuing any degree type. Financial need and merit are both criteria for selection.
Deadline is March 31, 2014. Applications available at: http://oregonstate.edu/osufolk Contact: email@example.com or 541-753-7257.