Jared Moore is an associate professor of accounting in the College of Business at Oregon State University. He joined the accounting faculty in 2006 after completing his doctoral studies in accounting at Arizona State University. He also holds B.S. (Accountancy) and Master of Taxation degrees from Arizona State University and is licensed as a certified public accountant (Arizona).
Prior to his doctoral studies, Professor Moore worked for seven years in the private sector, specializing mainly in financial accounting and business and individual taxation. Professor Moore's research has been published in high-quality peer-reviewed journals, including The Journal of the American Taxation Association and The National Tax Journal. He is a member of the American Accounting Association, the American Taxation Association, the National Tax Association, and the Oregon Society of CPAs and regularly serves on committees for the American Taxation Association.
His teaching interests are in the areas of financial accounting and taxation; and his research interests include the interaction between tax reporting and financial reporting, federal and state tax policy issues (including the interaction between taxes and corporate business decisions), and tax reporting aggressiveness and earnings management/manipulation. Professor Moore and his wife Heather have a daughter (Maya) and a son (Aran), and he enjoys music, the outdoors, movies, golf, and traveling.
Associate Professor, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 2012 – Present.
Assistant Professor, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 2006 – 2012.
Graduate Assistant, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, 2001 – 2006.
Adjunct Instructor, Mesa Community College, Mesa, AZ, Summer 2001.
Senior Accountant, American Express Tax & Business Services, Phoenix, AZ, 1996 – 1998; and 2000 – 2001.
Assistant Controller, Midwest Publishing, Inc., Phoenix, AZ, 1998 – 2000.
Financial Analyst, P.M.S.I., Inc., Phoenix, AZ, 1995 – 1996.
Staff Accountant, Cleveland & Co., P.C., Phoenix, AZ, 1994 – 1995.
Honors and Awards:
- College of Business Service Award, Oregon State University, 2015.
- Mervyn L. Brenner Distinguished Teaching Fellowship, Oregon State University, 2015-2016; 2012-2013; 2010-2011; 2007-2008.
- Mary Ellen Phillips Professorship in Financial Accounting, Oregon State University, 2014-2016; 2012-2014; 2010-2012; 2008-2010.
- Byron L. Newton Award for Excellence in Teaching, Oregon State University, 2011.
- College of Business Excellence in Scholarship Award, Oregon State University, 2009.
- College of Business Summer Research Grant, Oregon State University, 2009.
- OSU Student Learning and Success Teamwork Award, Oregon State University, 2008.
- Hal Reneau Memorial Fellowship, Arizona State University, 2004-2005.
- Fellow, American Accounting Association Doctoral Consortium, Tahoe City, CA, 2004.
- Fellow, PAC-10 Doctoral Consortium, Seattle, WA, 2003.