My research focuses on consumer behavior related to designed environments (textiles, apparel, interiors), topics related to the domestic and international fashion industries, the effect of appearance in social perception processes, and fashion theory. I teach courses in global sourcing, merchandising, and fashion theory.
International Textile and Apparel Association
- member 1982-present
- Counselor, 2008-2009
- President, 2007-2008; President-elect, 2006-2007
- Vice President for Publications, 2000-02
- Vice President for Program Development, 1989-91
Korean Academy of Marketing Sciences
- member 2008-present
- Associate Editor, Journal of Global Academy of Marketing Science, Fashion Marketing, 2009 - present.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Global Fashion Marketing, 2010-present.
Educators for Socially Responsible Apparel Business
- founding member, 2000-present