Important information regarding expected costs and funding options



  • The majority of the COB programs are "exchanges" in which students pay OSU tuition for their term abroad.
  • Living expenses, visa/permit fees and program fees (whether paying regular OSU fees) vary from country to country.
  • Programs that are not "exchanges" typically pay a program fee that includes tuition, or they will be charged tuition separately by the host institution or third party vendor.


  • Students are responsible for paying for required visa/residency permit fees.  These can vary from $60 to $600.  Some students will be required to travel out of state to obtain the required visa/permit.

Living Expenses:

  • Housing and meal expenses also vary from location to location.

Travel and other costs:

  • Students are responsible for all travel expenses, including airfare to and from the host country.

Financial Aid

Most financial aid can be applied to the COB overseas programs. Contact the OSU Financial Aid Office in Kerr Administration Building for more information.

Visit our Study Abroad Scholarships page for more information on possible ways to fund your study abroad experience.