In addition to the business core learning goals and objectives, the BIS program trains students to:
- Analyze and model the flow of information throughout business processes.
- Analyze, assess and design information system infrastructures to support business processes considering the cost and benefit of both existing and future options.
- Facilitate communications between business process owners and information systems developers.
- Quickly and efficiently immerse themselves and contribute to the information system operations of organizations.
- Formulate plans and architectures for the capture, storage, dissemination and analysis of an organization's data.
- Explain, assess and design interactions between hardware, software and people in business processes while considering the development life cycle of information systems.
- Apply networking concepts and technologies to the integration of data within and between organizations.
- Align information systems and services with business strategy.
- Document and monitor the effectiveness of implemented controls, and mitigate the legal and security risks associated with information systems.