In addition to the business core learning goals and objectives, the finance program will allow graduates to:
- Apply the fundamental concepts and tools of finance.
- Apply financial management concepts and tools to the decisions faced by a manager in investment decisions.
- Apply financial management concepts and tools to the financing decisions and dividend decisions faced by the firm.
- Evaluate the corporate governance structure of firms and examine the interactions, from a governance perspective, between firm management, financial markets and stakeholders.
- Appraise the risk profile of firms; specifically, estimate the costs of capital, including debt and equity capital, using financial data.
- Discuss the operations of three distinct capital markets: the equity market, the bond market and the derivatives market, and the financial assets traded in each of these markets.
- Explain the global financial environment and the globalization process experienced by multinational corporations.