A High-Quality Education Partner
When you work with us, your employees are going to earn a high-quality education in the swiftest and most affordable way possible. OSU is an institution that is prepared to advance your commitment to developing your workforce. Below are a handful of characteristics that set us apart from other institutions.
01. A Mission for Access. OSU is one of only one of two institutions nationally to have been appointed the status of a land, sea, sun and space grant university. This entrustment is what drives the mission of the institution. The essence of what it means to be a land grant university is the integration of teaching, research (scholarship) and extension – educational outreach that promotes access to higher learning among people across and beyond Oregon. Your commitment to your workforce and your communities align well with the OSU mission of creating educational access.
02. Ecampus Ranking and Value. Ecampus, Oregon State’s arm for providing online and hybrid education, is widely considered one of America's best providers for online learning. In January 2017, OSU's online bachelor's programs were ranked top 10 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for the third year in a row. Ecampus has also been ranked for several years as a great value and an affordable option. Learn more about Ecampus rankings and assessments of our quality.
03. Accreditation. OSU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). And, the OSU College of Business is accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB International is the premier accrediting agency for business degree programs. To achieve accreditation, a business school must meet a broad range of quality standards and be committed to continuous improvement relating to curriculum, faculty credentials, admissions, degree requirements, library, research and scholarship, and more. Online degree programs and courses awarded by Ecampus appear the same on the OSU transcript as do on-campus degrees and courses. And, online students receive the same high-quality, accredited education.
04. Quality of Faculty. OSU has been a difference-maker in the world since 1868, and that's the legacy our faculty pulls from when they develop and deliver the online degree programs and courses offered through Ecampus. Our courses are led by faculty members with business experience who know where industry trends are headed. Faculty work with Ecampus instructional designers and multimedia developers to ensure that while classes meet industry best practices, they also utilize the latest technologies to create an enriching, interactive learning environment.
05. Applied Learning Opportunities. Our program rigor and relevance to industry is strengthened further when we work with companies to embed applied projects in the educational experience. That is, employees can work on challenges proposed by their employers inside the classroom to ensure that student learning advances the company’s goals.
06. Availability of Student Resources. Online students have access to a wide variety of student resources, including success counseling, online tutoring, disability access services and more. We are dedicated to providing a strong and supportive community for online learners.
07. The flexibility of Program Delivery. We work to make our educational programs flexible, with online and hybrid options. With adequate enrollment numbers, OSU can serve your employees via hybrid program delivery, ensuring that students can progress online while still enjoying face-to-face contact for high-impact interactions with peers and the instructor. Our online and hybrid formats allow professionals to put in the hours to move the needle at work at the same time as they are pursuing education, completing as quickly and affordable as they can in a rigorous program that they (and employers) can be proud of.
08. Experience and Expertise with Corporate Partner Solutions. The College of Business understands how to work with major corporate clients to meet educational needs in an online environment. Having supported the educational needs of companies like Peet’s, Boeing, Daimler, Costco, Rite Aid, and Safeway-Albertsons (among others), we are positioned to provide a unique educational opportunity for your employees.
09. Quality of Graduates. Our partners tell us that students who complete our programs are known for their work ethic, their determination to work through difficult problems, and the authentic approach they take to doing business and building relationships. They are the kind of people who under-promise and over-deliver – and the kind of employee that our corporate partners can depend on as they tackle new challenges and build innovative products and services.
10. Multiple Pathways to Enrollment. Because not all adults are ready to take the dive into a degree program, OSU provides pathways to enrollment that include completing coursework at the community college and/or participating in continuing education with the possibility of securing credit at the university for completion of continuing education certificate programs.