Application due dates:
The College of Business strives to facilitate cohesive cohorts of students in the Ph.D. in Business Administration program. Accordingly, the College generally admits students into the doctoral program every other year.
Submit your Application
For fullest consideration, the application and all required materials should be submitted by January 7, 2022. In the meantime, any inquiries about the program are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of application materials
An application is not considered for review until all admission materials are received.
1. Online application: Complete the online application.
2. Application fee: $75 USD Domestic applicants; $85 USD International applicants (non‐refundable).
3. Transcripts: Please provide academic records from each institution attended, showing graded coursework for all academic work attempted or completed. Current and former OSU students are not required to provide OSU transcripts.
For institutions outside the United States, both an original‐language version and a certified English translation of all academic records and degree statements are required. Please include certificates/diplomas for all degrees earned.
Unofficial transcripts may be scanned and uploaded to your online application. An unofficial transcript is a copy of the front and back of an official transcript. Grade slips and/or web-generated transcripts are not accepted. Applications will be reviewed with unofficial transcripts; however, admitted students will be required to submit official documents at the time of admission.
You may be able to submit your official transcripts electronically from the website of your academic institutions. Please select “Oregon State University – Graduate Admissions” as the recipient.
Official transcripts may also be mailed to:
Oregon State University
2900 SW Jefferson Ave
Corvallis, OR 97331 USA
4. Letters of recommendation: Three letters of professional and/or academic reference are required. We highly recommend that you send a résumé and a written request to your references for their letter prior to applying. Ask them to discuss your leadership, academic standards and skills as they pertain to your primary area of interest. If you have a master’s degree, you should include a letter from your major professor.
Reference letters may be submitted in one of two ways:
References can be managed through the online application’s reference system. By including the names and email addresses of your reference providers on your application form, your providers will automatically receive an email with an electronic reference form once you submit your application. Electronic references are typically added to your application file within one business day of receipt.
Reference providers who prefer to write letters may send them as hard copy on official letterhead through the mail in sealed envelopes with the reference provider’s signature written across the envelope flap. Please see the mailing address in Transcripts section above.
Note: We will not accept letters uploaded by applicants to the document‐upload section of the online application form, emailed by applicants, or submitted as a hard copy by applicants.
5. Resume: Ph.D. applicants must submit a current resume or vita. Please upload your résumé /CV in the “Document Upload” section of the online application.
6. Personal statement: Ph.D. applicants must submit a personal statement. The personal statement is a document that engages the reader while revealing your unique qualities, your commitment to success and the key factors leading to your decision to obtain a Ph.D. The statement should provide a basis for the admissions committee to choose between you and otherwise equally qualified applicants. The Ph.D. personal statement should include area of interest, experiences, and intended research focus.
Please upload your personal statement in the “Document Upload” section of the online application.
7. Official GMAT score: Official test scores must be sent to OSU directly from the testing agency. Although the GMAT is preferable, the GRE is also acceptable. GRE scores submitted will be converted into a GMAT‐equivalent for purposes of evaluation.
8. Official TOEFL or IELTS score: All international applicants who did not receive a degree in the U.S., Australia, Canada, Ghana, New Zealand, Nigeria or the United Kingdom are required to submit scores from either the TOEFL or IELTS.
Scores must not be more than two years old and must be from one exam date. The most recent test date is the score considered with your application.